Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Magical Somewhere

I'm sitting in a coffee shop desperately fishing for any profound thoughts from the past 3 weeks...realizing that often simplicity means boredom.

Then someone exits the shop and tugs my heartstrings. I've seen him here before, struggling to progress, his weight precariously balanced on a walker as his knees unpredictably lunge from beneath him. I want to hold his arm to steady him, but am afraid this will seem like an insult. Then my thoughts drift to the boys at work. Their fear of connection and unpredictable outbursts...again, I feel myself wanting to reach out and steady them, also seeming like an insult.

I wonder if the magical somewhere exists where I can actually help, not solely offering lame contributions to a life full of hardship. Perhaps, there is no magical somewhere, but a "magical" someone.

2 comments:

Meg Schudel said...

oh my gosh.
a new post.
be still my heart.

Good post, short, but worth waiting for. I know this feeling, I'm usually more shortsighted than you are though, I rush up and insult away! I let them get mad/crabby at me if they like. They're old and crotchety, they reserve the right.

Anyway, I'll pray you find your magical someone or somewhere just as I'm praying for a couple other man-idates in your life.

Love ya!
M

Meg Schudel said...

ANOTHER POST
FOR THE COAST
THEN EAT SOME TOAST
PROCEED TO BOAST
AND COOK A ROAST
AND MAKE THE MOST
OF BEING A HOST

yes.