Sunday, April 20, 2008

Meanness...

Confession: I am a mean person.

I'm not looking to be reassured or argued with in this point. Because I, not you, hear my thoughts and feel my heart on a daily basis.

I'm not talking about blunt honesty, I'm talking about--in the core of my being--believing the worst about those who have offended me or those I care for.

I'm ashamed that, more often than not, I do not wish the best for those I do not agree with, but the opposite.

I'm grieved that I do not recognize pain and brokenness as universal... I'm grieved that I often overlook the fact that I too am a member of this broken universe.

1 comment:

Meg Schudel said...

So isn't it interesting that I still, despite all your self-proclaimed deficiencies, consider you one of the most genuine, constructively honest and inspiring people in my life? Not sure what prompted the post, and for pete's sake I'm not arguing with you (it would be an exercise of futility), but let me assure you that what ever alleged "meanness" threatens to overtake your thoughts, you're still a good chicken to me.