Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sewing with Heather...

I received a sewing machine for Christmas. With the aspiration of counter-acting the crap produced by Americans...I am seeking ways to use the old to create new...except for the following (of which I bought all new fabric).

It's a lap top bag! Yay for Tiffy! (clap hands)




Another idea though is to create re-usable grocery bags (I did kind of save the world with this project) using old t-shirts...

It's simple:
1. Turn an old t-shirt inside out.
2. Sew along the bottom hem line. Turn right side out.
3. Cut off arms.
4. Trace half-circle around neck line and cut.
5. Rejoice at the diminishing pile of old plastic bags under your sink. Viola!


2 comments:

Heather Lea said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!! Great job on the computer case- and the t-shirt bags are really cute. I'm so happy to have you back in L-town. Miss you, ma!

Meg Schudel said...

AHHHH I LOVE the spec case AND the lappy case you sewed, FANTASTIC JOB. Now who's jealous? Are you loving your mac-lappy? Looks like you're giving her the princess treatment there, even a heart button to show your apple love.
I'm also jealous that I can't be in NE when you are, that's fine just fine...I leave and you come back. Good grief.
We need catchy uppy. Soon. Love you!