Sunday, May 10, 2009

A New Mother's Day

Shout out to Doris Heidtbrink! A woman who has lived her love for people, who ALWAYS shows compassion and grace, who shows humility in her honesty, and who quite possibly is the only other individual quite as loud as I am. I LOVE YOU, MOM!



So Mother's Day has taken a new meaning this year to me for two reasons.

We'll start with the first big news--my oldest sister, Amanda (clear left) is expecting the first official child of my siblings around Halloween of this year. Officially putting me in the running for SWEETEST FREAKING AUNT EVER!!! There really is no "running"...I will win.

Additionally, I've been challenged recently to embrace my calling as a woman. Being a woman can often be challenging, confusing, frustrating and oppressive.

However, it can also mean reflecting some of the most unique and powerful attributes of the Creator...including the power to create. I hope to blog more on this later, but for now I am going to end with a HUZZAH to the women I love and feel are extraordinary, who are creating beauty in all parts of the world.

No comments: